Upgrading Your Subscription Plan
What happens when I reach my storage allowance?
We will notify you when you are close to reaching your storage allowance. You will then have 2 options:
- Upgrade to the next storage plan and all your existing data will continue to be stored and accessible via your Threads account.
- Stick with the plan you are currently on and we will begin deleting your data to ensure you stay within the plan limits. Data will be deleted according to age starting with the oldest data being deleted first.
What if I decide not to upgrade and then change my mind. Can I still access the historic data that was deleted?
Yes. That’s not a problem. We will simply rescan your email and import data from any date that you choose.
Will Threads automatically log all my emails in HubSpot?
No. Threads will only log emails that are associated with contacts that already exist in HubSpot. Threads does not create new contacts in HubSpot.
Does Threads integrate with any other products?
At the moment we only integrate with HubSpot but if you are interested in integrating your CRM with Threads then please get in touch!
How do I link my Threads and HubSpot accounts?
To sync your Threads and HubSpot accounts, first log in to your Threads account using your unique Threads website (Hint: It will look something like yourcompany.threads.cloud).
Then hover over your initial in the top right hand corner and click the “Link to HubSpot” button. You can find a short video showing you how to do this here.
Does Threads automatically create contacts in HubSpot?
No. Threads will only import emails where a contact in HubSpot already exists. If there are other email addresses that you want to exclude just let us know and we can also make sure they are not imported into HubSpot. Just let us have a list of any ‘excluded’ emails before you start your HubSpot sync.
If I delete an email or call from Threads that has already been logged in HubSpot will it still show up in HubSpot?
Yes, provided you still have a live Threads subscription, once an email or phone call is logged in Threads then this will still show on your log in HubSpot. However you will no longer be able to access any attachments to that email (including any .mp3 files of call recordings).
I want to test out Threads + Hubspot but I can’t seem to change the date on which emails are imported from. Can you help?
Our trial account is limited to the last 30 days of historic email. If you want to go back further than this then you will need to subscribe to Threads or purchase a one off migration package.
What happens to any emails or phone calls that have been logged in HubSpot if I terminate my Threads subscription?
If you terminate your subscription to Threads then any emails that were logged by Threads since the date that you subscribed will remain in HubSpot. However any attachments to those emails will no longer be visible as we will no longer be storing a copy of those attachments for you.
Any historic emails (being any emails dated prior to the date on which your Threads subscription began) will be deleted. If you wish to keep your historic data (without attachments) then this can be arranged. Please contact us for more details.
I’ve decided not to go ahead with Threads. Can you remove the data that has been imported into HubSpot?
Yes. If you decide at the end of the trial you do not wish to proceed we can remove any imported mails from your HubSpot account.
How many email accounts can I link to my Threads account?
You can link an unlimited number of email accounts to your Threads account. This is great if you use a number of aliases in your business such as info@, enquiries@, support@ etc. We don’t believe in user based pricing but we do believe that the more email accounts you link to your Threads account, the better the quality of information in your business and improved decision making.
I don’t really want Threads to store my entire email history. I have some contacts that I want to keep private.
That’s fine! We understand that there might be certain emails that you want to exclude from Threads and we have engineered our privacy settings so that you stay in control.
- Firstly, we will never ingest ‘internal emails’. By internal emails we mean emails that exchanged between co-workers in your business that have the same domain address.
- You can also exclude specific contact so they are not ingested at all or you can also make a contact private so that emails sent to or from them are only accessible by you and not other users.
- If you are a Threads for HubSpot user only your HubSpot contacts will appear in Hubspot.
What happens to my personal data once my trial has ended / migration is complete / upon termination of my Threads subscription?
All personal data will be deleted from our servers within 60 days of these trigger events.
Do I need any special equipment to record my calls?
In order to record your calls and log them in Threads you will need a VoIP phone system. Depending on whether your system is hosted or not, you may also need a small piece of hardware fitted to enable the calls to be picked up directly. Please feel free to get in touch to discuss your individual requirements.
Is call recording legal?
The rules on call recording vary from country to country so you should check the rules in your home country before deciding whether to opt for this feature. Our call recording partner, OrecX, has also produced this handy guide.
Call recording is legal in my country but do I still need consent to record calls?
Again, the rules regarding consent to call recording vary by jurisdiction and you should check first whether or not consent is required. If consent is required we suggest that you obtain this at the beginning of every call and ensure that you have appropriate policies and procedures in place to delete any calls from Threads where the relevant consent has not been obtained.
How does GDPR affect call recording?
If you are based in the UK then you will no doubt be aware that the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force in May 2018. A call recording could fall within GDPR if the call recording captures personal information such as name, addresses, phone numbers etc.
In order to justify the recording of calls, businesses must demonstrate that at least one of the following conditions are met:
- The participant has given consent to be recorded for one or more specific purposes;
- Recording is necessary to fulfill a contract to which the participant in the call is a party;
- Recording is necessary for fulfilling a legal obligation to which the recorder is subject;
- Recording is necessary to protect the vital interests of one of more participants;
- Recording is in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the recorder;
- Recording is in the legitimate interests of the recorder, unless those interests are overridden by the interests of the participants in the call which require protection of personal data.